Map 20 | Reset Information

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Resilience, May 8, 2018.

1. Resilience

Resilience Server Manager
    Manager

Ratings:
    +12
    [​IMG]
    Introduction

Greetings everyone!

This post will serve as the announcement for our upcoming reset, with all the new features, bug fixes, and map information. I know it's a cliche to say that every new map is "our biggest" yet, and I can understand the frustration from the players regarding the outcome of the previous maps. All I have to say is, please give us a chance. We're learning from our mistakes and making changes to largely benefit the server, and I sincerely hope that with the new management and new advertising, we can revive Mineage. This is only the start, there are plenty more maps of Mineage to come and we hope we can start that off just right with a historic 20th reset. It's been a while and Mineage has had quite a bit of history, thank you to everyone that has stuck around from the old days and continues to actively play Mineage.

Now for the date everyone has been waiting for, Map 20 will release This Saturday, May 12th, at 2 PM EST. To that time in your own timezone, google search "2PM EST".

General Information
    • As most of you know, the Factions server RaidCentral will be merging into Mineage. If you're from there, welcome! You're able to get an equivalent rank from RaidCentral on Mineage for Map 20, simply fill out this form and wait for your rank to be processed. All rank requests submitted before the map releases will be done on or before Saturday.

• After taking a poll in our Discord regarding map sizes, we've decided to make this next map last 4 weeks. This means 1 week of grace period and 3 weeks of competition, which will result in much more raiding, action, and player activity.

• There will be a $2,000 F-Top with weekly distribution. Payouts will start on May 19th, the second week of the map (once TnT is enabled), and continue each week until the end of the map. Faction leaders must set their PayPal email with /setpaypal <email> in-game so we know where to send your reward. Payments will be sent within 36 hours of when winners are picked and announced.
      • F-Top #1 will get $300 PayPal ($900 total)
      • F-Top #2 will get $100 PayPal ($300 total)
      • F-Top #3 will get $50 PayPal ($150 total)
    • On the last Saturday of the map, the top three factions will be rewarded with the following bonus rewards in addition to the PayPal prize:
      • F-Top #1 will get a $350 Buycraft Gift Card
      • F-Top #2 will get a $200 Buycraft Gift Card
      • F-Top #3 will get a $100 Buycraft Gift Card
        Please note that the gift cards may only be used towards buying Ranks, not items from other categories.

• There will be 4 worlds with 16 corners. Each faction is only allowed 1 corner claim at any given point in time.
      • Main World (10,000 x 10,000)
      • Nether (5,000 x 5,000)
      • End (5,000 x 5,000)
      • Stoneage (5,000 x 5,000)

• Like previously mentioned, the first week of the map will be a grace period for factions to prepare for the competitive season. All explosions (TnT and Creepereggs) will be disabled for this first week.

• The faction limit is set to 100, and each player will get 30 power like usual.
    New Features and Changes
    • You can no longer place redstone on top of sand in checkboxes. This applies to anything that can have the same effect as redstone in a checkbox.
    • We've fixed an exploit where you were previously able to claim outside of the world border.
    • We've added Missions. Faction Missions are something Leaders and Co-Leaders can choose for their entire faction. Faction Missions are used to gain credits to use towards faction upgrades and consist of various tasks that the entire faction can help to complete.
    • Relating to missions, we've added Faction Upgrades. Each upgrade costs a certain amount of credits earned from Faction Missions, and once activated, your faction will unlock new perks and abilities.
      • Warps: Purchase this to unlock more warps for your faction.
      • Stronger Together: Beacon effects will only apply to truces, allies, and your faction. (configurable via /f perm)
      • Takeoff: Ability to grant your allies and truces access to fly in your land (configurable via /f perm)
      • Pillar: Activates pillar mode in the spawner upgrade GUI, which will allow you to upgrade multiple spawners at once.
      • Vanish: Ability to vanish from /near ONLY in your own faction land, and, (if upgraded to tier two) your ally and truce land.
      • Sale: Decreases the cost to mine spawners
    • It now will cost 50% of the spawner's actual value to mine that spawner. Purchasing Sale from the upgrades menu will decrease this cost.

• You now must right-click a spawner to upgrade it. Right-clicking will open a GUI with all upgrading options inside, including our new pillar mode purchased from the upgrades menu.

• You will finally see messages in chat whenever faction members login or logout from the server.

• There will now be a message in chat announcing to everyone when a new faction obtains F-Top 1-3

• There are now two kinds of TnT Pouches. One variant can only hold a total of 5 double chests worth of TNT. The other variant holds unlimited TNT, and when holding one, you can do /tntbag config. This will open up a GUI where players can control the amount of TNT per dispenser and the radius of which it dispenses. This will change the setting of that specific bag, but not apply to all bags in your inventory.

• Water will no longer damage or break redstone.

• You can now toggle between knockback 1, 2, 3 and 4. The knockback will only work against creepers, other entities including players are disabled.

• We've overhauled our blast-pickaxe system. It is now all combined into one simple pickaxe that can toggle between 1x1, 3x3, 5x5, and 7x7 mining modes. You can switch between each mode by shift-swinging the pickaxe.

• Killing mobs will now have a chance of dropping coins upon death. These coins can be spent inside the emporium shop to obtain powerful tools and weapons.

• The /f map is now clickable, which should make claiming a lot easier.
    Minor Bug Fixes
    • Items in the Crates that granted ranks and other permissions now work perfectly fine.
    • Kits have been overhauled, there are no longer 50 useless kits per rank.
    • Staff permissions have been revamped to ensure each rank has a fair amount of responsibilities.
    • Chat formatting has been re-done to make for a less cluttered chat.
    • The scoreboard has been re-done to fit a lot more information in a simpler looking fashion.
    • There is now a 1-day cooldown on /nick.
    • TnT Pouches have been added to the store.
    • Nametags will display over player heads displaying their relation to you.
    • You can no longer creeper egg the warzone at /warp desert.
    • You can now sell coal with sell-wands.
    • /kit witherkingeggs has been fixed.
    • You can no longer /back in combat.
    • Raiding section of /shop has been improved.
    • /near now has a radius fo 100 (from a previous range of 200)
    • /bag has been disabled in combat.
    • Donator ranks now have access to /ci.
    • Players now have access to /untntfill.
    • Wicked Witch Crystals have been fixed.
    • EXP loss on death has been fixed.
    • During the first day of release, all players will be invisible at spawn.
    Conclusion

We hope to see as many of you as possible on Saturday, we're very excited for the future of Mineage starting with Map 20! Keep up with the latest news in our Discord, which you can join by clicking here.

Best Regards,
    Resilience

#1 Resilience, May 8, 2018 at 3:55 AM
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Bl4ckPlasma

Bl4ckPlasma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
  3. dynamitefly

dynamitefly Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +1,317
    That’s not special anymore, well it never was, but definitely not now
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2018, Original Post Date: May 8, 2018 ---
    Just read it all, seems promising and quite nice tbh. Personally I don’t like the clickable f map thing, accidents always happen with dumb people

4. Bl4ckPlasma

Bl4ckPlasma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Give it a chance, Suit is back, imo, @Suit @Jarno and @Johannes are the best staff members mineage has had. Hopefully map 20 is a good one.

5. ExtaticPot

ExtaticPot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +345
    What about PvP? Fix that?

6. zilory

zilory New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Did you add or fix any of my suggestions? I don't see mentions of anything. Also, will there be a pre map sale?

7. Stick3rz

Ratings:
    +115
    No doubt it will be improved

8. builder1909

builder1909 Dedicated Member

Ratings:
    +460
    nice maths
    [​IMG]

#8 builder1909, May 8, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Suit

Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,301
    even if you unclaim something on accident, i doubt someone will be sitting there waiting to claim it lol

10. ducttapedigger

ducttapedigger Active Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I'm ready for this update :). Gonna restart my YT series on here.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Grainger

Helper

Ratings:
    +458
    Looking forward to it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ExtaticPot

Ratings:
    +345
    Well that’s a shame. Was really wanting to play :/

13. Resilience

Resilience Server Manager
    Manager

Ratings:
    +12
    "No doubt" means it will certainly be improved.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. MrsVaultt

MrsVaultt Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Hmm been like 5 maps and pvp is finally getting "fixed". About time.

15. dynamitefly

dynamitefly Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +1,317
    Allegedly, hasn't it been promised every single map?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. pip100

pip100 Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +595
    Also the plugin causing delay for ftop value to show is trashed?

17. Suit

Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,301
    I mean pvp isnt something that is super simple to fix. It takes time and adjustments to get it right

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Samtanq

Samtanq Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +952
    :(:( Ok then..

19. Shupaa

Shupaa Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +862
    do bans reset from previous shitty maps

20. ExtaticPot

Ratings:
    +345
    Ah haha. Thanks I guess I read that wrong. Well hopefully it is :)

• Like Like x 1