Important Doomed server? Lets change things!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SuperMasony, Jan 5, 2017.

1. v8tinster

v8tinster New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm Sorry but I don't agree with resetting the ranks. I would also hate to think what the legal implications could be given that commercial transactions have taken place in order for players to obtain the ranks.

At the moment, one of the reasons I am still here is the money I have invested in mineage. If I was to loose the rank and be forced to reinvest I would be gone.

I see the merit in what you suggested of everything starting afresh but I am sure that, with careful planning, things could be done right to achieve the outcome of new regular players and revenue stream, without upsetting the current long term players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr_FluffyBunny

Mr_FluffyBunny New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Add End with bedrock so that 8 factions can have corner claims

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jarno

Jarno Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +731
    +1

4. viper

viper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +221
    Very well put mate, I completely agree

5. MC_FinestJustin

MC_FinestJustin Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +1,202
    Resetting ranks should never happen. If it is that bad then the server should just close. Some people have been working up for a while to get them selves ranks, even recently. They shouldn't need to start over. Almost all the people with common sense will leave if ranks reset, leaving a shitty nooby ass towny set of people left. The people with common sense will realize that they wasted money on a rank and leave and chargeback. If a lot of people chargeback that also makes the chances of the server going bankrupt. Even though chargebacks fail more than they succeed a lot of high end donours would still win and mason would lose thousands of dollars rather than gain it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MidnightBoss

MidnightBoss Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +312
    i'll sue u if u remove my rank

ok maybe not

7. Yai

Yai Dedicated Member

Ratings:
    +509
    The way I was looking at it was have 2 servers, such as when there was "OG" and "Lava". Keep the current ranks on OG, and make the new one something fresh. Obviously Lava had failed but it was for many reasons. Resetting the server every 3 months will not increase mineage's player count, as it's just repetitive and there's no point in playing the server itself anymore.

8. Trec

Trec Member

Ratings:
    +56
    lets see it happen

9. TheyCallMeTrump

TheyCallMeTrump New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is why we need to give players more tools to get them off the ground faster, so they're not such an easy target to be steam rolled by experienced players, the tools such as GenBucket and giving the ability for all players to fly within their faction territory, drastically cutting time spent on building a safe and reliable base and allowing them to get into the good part of factions: raiding and PvPing.

People need to feel like they've made progress and the way the current server works, new players find it increasingly hard to make progress, to finish their base, to get a raid, to start PvPing, to start doing these things players must work double or triple the time on Mineage as they would on competing servers, making them feel as if they're working hard and getting no where. I feel implementing the things i mentioned above would help alleviate that issue and have new players play and stay.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  10. LeSadding

LeSadding Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66
    no bruh then how will server make money buy /fly its like 4 dollars or somethin for the command people buy ranks for things to get a lil bit easier don't get mad

11. Jarno

Jarno Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +731
    Fix east/west cannoning.

12. Krispay

Krispay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +165
    release date?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2017 ---
    because adding one dispenser is too hard, dont actaully fix east west, there are cannons that need east west mechanics like fusion lefts

13. Reign_OF_Pain

Reign_OF_Pain Elder Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Maps can easily last longer, but they're so short on mineage because there is nothing to do. Every single map is the same. Grind a base, put up creepers, reset in 2 months, repeat.

Add different spawner types, so not all grinders are the same.

Add an end with flat bedrock so there are more corners = more raids = more fun.

Add simple custom enchants = people will have an actual reason to grind blazes, to get custom enchants = more time spent on your server.

So many things I've come to you @SuperMasony and you say they're not needed.

Choosing things to add isn't hard at all. Look for things that will make your resets last longer, and things that will get your players to stay on longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jarno

Jarno Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +731
    Ima actually agree on the custom enchants and the end, mineage needs some fun stuff.

15. Krispay

Krispay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +165
    make a 10kx10k end.

16. builder1909

builder1909 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    lol wtf -1

17. Notch

Notch Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Why do any of these changes have to have a reset? Also we haven't had a decently long reset in two years. This current one isn't even two months old.

Also constant update list that you add to every every week would be great and could reenforce that you are constaly improving the server and prove to people who may not usually notice the improvements you are making.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MidnightBoss

MidnightBoss Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +312
    many.. many.. many suggestions, goodluck.

19. Jarno

Jarno Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +731
    I have so many more xD

• Like Like x 2
  20. MC_FinestJustin

MC_FinestJustin Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +1,202
    Let's look at the thread title and when he was last on l0l.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 9, 2017 ---
    2017-01-09 22.14.34.png