Important Doomed server? Lets change things!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furry, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Conord00

Conord00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +225
    Rinn forgot to mention that I'm really l33t and a God coder

2. Krispay

Krispay Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    or unban everyone but blacklisted people

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheyCallMeTrump

TheyCallMeTrump New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    More active staff, more side activities to keep people playing longer, GenBucket is a must, and something to help people just starting out have an easier time getting going.

4. Sotark

Sotark Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Maybe start by not banning people who aren't hacking, that will help.

5. Krispay

Krispay Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe not cut out half the fight and still look fishy at 0:58

6. Sotark

Sotark Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    You can't let this go can you?

7. Krispay

Krispay Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^^ Hmm, you cant let this go can you? o.0

8. Shupaa

Shupaa Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +771
    oh okay xd Unban @Adjustinqqq

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. v8tinster

v8tinster New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    One thing I feel that is deterring long term players is the frequency of resets. Last map, 3 months then reset, this map, 7 weeks and already talk of a reset. I speak for most players in my faction when I say that the frequency of the resets is making us want to look for another server. Most players in my faction have been loyal to mineage for over 3 years. The first map I played on was active for about 12 months. Gave people the chance to build extravagant bases and take the time to explore, raid and pvp.

From reading the comments on this thread, it appears most the things people wanted removed in the previous 2 resets are what they want back this time. This tells me that not everyone can be pleased all the time. One thing I give Nyalon credit for is he found a formula that he felt worked and stuck with it - Limited the changes. It is once he started to make changes all the time that things started to die. ie "lava"

Supermasony, I commend you for being willing to take on a sinking ship and trying to turn things around. Having run a creative server in the past, 90 player avg, I know first hand it is no easy task. This is the reason I have remained loyal to mineage. Unfortunately, My loyalty is being challenged. At the moment I feel the server is being changed all the time to please whoever shouts the loudest. Its these constant changes and resets I feel upsets the playing community as their is no consistency.

My advice would be to establish model that you are happy with, back it 100%, stick with it and promote it. Staff also have to be happy with the model and back it as well otherwise they should not be staff. Players then have a choice, either they like the server or hate the server, stay or leave. The players that like and stay will promote and in-turn increase the player base. Word of mouth is the best promotion the server could get.

All that said, I do like the look of the changes you are proposing, just am disappointed that it comes with yet another map reset.

#69 v8tinster, Jan 7, 2017 at 8:24 AM
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
  10. xXx

xXx New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    +1

11. Jarno

Jarno Elder Member

Ratings:
    +1,137
    If I get it right is that you want maps to be longer but I think everyone wants a fresh start because after 2 months there is just nothing to do and everyone gets bored. So its basicly add new fun things to the server that stay fun even after a while so maps can last way longer or keep resetting after a few months.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. bobcraft10113

bobcraft10113 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71
    +1

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. v8tinster

v8tinster New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Yes maps need to last longer. Eg, last map our faction had only just completed building our base and was starting on raids and pvp when the map reset. Players complain that no one is pvp, do they stop to think it's because players are busy doing other things? Like building a base or repairing from a raid. With 3 monthly resets this will continue, there will be no change. I believe if we were to stick with a map for about 12 months everything else would just fall into place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Deadly

Deadly Elder Member

Ratings:
    +2,082
    I completely disagree. This is no offense to you but competitive factions start the grind at the start of the map, and usually we get an idea of who the top 2-3 factions are. If maps are shorter, people can have the fun of a fresh reset, get big raids in and so on

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. v8tinster

v8tinster New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I totally respect your differing opinion and do see merit in a few things you say but feel the overall picture is being overlooked. Its not just competitive factions that start the grind at the start of the map. All factions start the grind. Getting an idea of the top 3 factions early is easy as well. That is all well and good for players such as ourselves that have been around for a while and have purchased ranks etc. It makes things easy for us. But put yourself in the position of a new player. You see a server advertised, decide to join and check things out, you like what you see, you tell your friends, they join, you start a faction. It takes time for these players to be able to build an inventory, build up their igm, and be competitive. You are starting to get somewhere after being steamrolled several times from these "Top Factions" and then you are faced with a "map reset". This puts you back right where you started.

With the underlying server issues being, revenue and number of player's, things need to be looked at from all perspectives, not just the opinions of the top ranked. Revenue is going to come from new players, Number of players will increase if the new players coming in enjoy the experience, feel a part of the overall mineage community and decide to stay. That is when money is spent on ranks etc and the server revenue issue is addressed.

Again, this is why I feel longer map duration, will help all these types of things fall into place.

#75 v8tinster, Jan 8, 2017 at 2:00 AM
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Yai

Yai Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I see where you are coming from, but these past 3 resets have all died within the first 3-5 weeks of reset day, meaning it's extremely repetitive, such as the top 2 factions dominating the map the minute tnt is enabled, leaving no factions with a chance to compete when there is power factions pretty much destroying the player base. There is no way for mineage to be something "new" or "fresh" to the market, when more than 95% of its community have the top 3 highest ranks of the server. Eg, Relentless has about 20 witherking/netherlord accounts (counting alts), meaning they pretty much will dominate the map when there's no grinding involved, and when compared to someone new, it takes the individual a few hours to just get a p4 set.

The way mineage can start somewhat "fresh" is by resetting ranks, maybe some sort of revamp which can include a map with the OG mineage, and a fresh/new mineage. This is when things will change and players will pay for ranks, giving SuperMasony the possible funds to advertise the server more and have it grow even more. I completely agree with your idea, but it's something impossible with the small community that keeps the server alive.

17. Jarno

Jarno Elder Member

Ratings:
    +1,137
    The thing is after 4-5 months the server will be completely dead because no1 knows what to do anymore. You see it happen at the end of every single map.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2017 ---
    Im pretty sure 90% of the people that spend alot of money on this will instantly quit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Yai

Yai Guest

Ratings:
    +0

19. Jarno

Jarno Elder Member

Ratings:
    +1,137
    Ppl would still quit just bc they lose their money.

20. Shupaa

Shupaa Infamous Member

Ratings:
    +771
    rip rigby

• Like Like x 1